23 things and more

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Concert?!

Walking down in my little village this morning
I had almost forgotten that I had been invited
to listen to preparations of a concert. It was
almost 11 before I remembered, or to be honest it
was one of my numerous acquaintances who reminded
me. The only other lady who was the one who originally
had told me was there and waved at me.
Three dedicated musicians the organ player, the trumpet
player and the soprano were working on the repertoire
for the concert they are going to give in honor of
two priest retiring. (Can priest really retire?)
What a morning feast for the ear. The trumpet
player sang on his trumpet, and once in a while they
had to go over their stuff. Sometimes they joked but the
music - Bach - Mozart - some French stuff I had not heard before
and then Vilja from the Merry Widow by Lehar was the
feast for my ears this morning.

No comments: